Partial Discharge Testing
We have an exciting range of PD testing options and welcome your inquiry
Non-invasive tool for online PD measurements in MV and HV substations
- Large colour touch-screen for easy operation
- Dual channel system for direct comparison between two sensors
- Synchronises with power frequency via internal, mains or external sensor for PRPD pattern recognition
Component failure in a substation has serious repercussions. It has the potential to cause injury, damage and unplanned outages, which result in significant disruption and cost. Predictive condition assessment aims to identify faults developing in electrical equipment so that they can be addressed before failure.
Portable online PD measuring system for monitoring MV and HV systems
- 16 channels
- Allows efﬁcient forward planning of necessary maintenance work
- Integrated automatic knowledge-based evaluation of measured PD levels
- Current status can be viewed at any time via remote access
The LPD (live partial discharge) Monitor can be used for temporary or constant monitoring of partial discharge on medium- and high-voltage systems and cables up to a rated voltage of 66 kV.
With its 16 input channels, the lightweight LPD Monitor is an ideal, portable system for a fast check of critical PD within cables or their accessories.
Even a quick test can provide useful information on the condition of the cable as a basis for identifying the required maintenance work, such as a comprehensive offline PD diagnosis.
Three PD sensor technologies in one device
- Early detection of PD activity
- Universal application - can be applied to MV cables, switchgear & other types of MV plant
- Directs maintenance resources straight to the problem areas
The PD Surveyor Air™ handheld PD surveying tool is the 'first-line of defence' for the detection of PD activity in medium voltage (MV) power cables and plant in the voltage range 6.6kV to 45kV. The robust test unit, incorporated with a digital TEV-dB display and external acoustic probes, enables the user to carry out rapid, "look-see" insulation condition testing through the unique combination of three PD measurement technologies: HFCT, TEV and Airborne Acoustic.
Optional accessories are available to improve both the flexibility and range of detection of the PD Surveyor Air™ unit. With help from the optional available outdoor acoustic parabolic receiver (incl. laser pointer) it is possible to detect and locate Surface and Corona discharges on e.g. insulators or outdoor terminations.