Partial Discharge Testing
We have an exciting range of PD testing options and welcome your inquiry
Online PD Handheld Scanner
- For fast verification of partial discharge activity in MV and HV plants
- Universal application range, thanks to variety of sensors
- For a quick assessment of the condition of the switchgear and cables
- Allows the allocation of maintenance resources directly to the problem areas
Defects in medium and high voltage systems not only require costly repairs, but also can lead to failures of entire network sections with corresponding consequences. Therefore, it is in the interest of all network operators to recognize signs of impending defects as early as possible and to be able to take appropriate countermeasures on time.
With the PD Scan, Megger offers a lightweight, robust and portable PD scanner that can quickly inspect various type of equipment for partial discharge signals.
Non-invasive tool for online PD measurements in MV and HV substations
- Large colour touch-screen for easy operation
- Dual channel system for direct comparison between two sensors
- Synchronises with power frequency via internal, mains or external sensor for PRPD pattern recognition
Component failure in a substation has serious repercussions. It has the potential to cause injury, damage and unplanned outages, which result in significant disruption and cost. Predictive condition assessment aims to identify faults developing in electrical equipment so that they can be addressed before failure.